Black Cat Weekly #41
Welcome to Black Cat Weekly #41.
Lots of great reading this time—including a classic mystery novel by Elizabeth Sanxay Holding. Once you finish it, you can cruise through an original blackmail story by M.A. Monnin set in Germany (thanks to acquiring editor Michael Bracken), then Pat H. Broeske has a Hollywood tale of a missing classic Cadillac (thanks to acquiring editor Barb Goffman). Plus, of course, we have our Hal Charles solve-it-yourself tale.
For science fiction and fantasy fans, we have a historical fantasy from Amy Wolf (courtesy of acquiring editor Cynthia Ward), plus classic science fiction from Lester del Rey and Malcolm Jameson, and two more fantasies from the legendary pulp magazine Weird Tales, by Frank Belknap Long and G.G. Pendarves.
Here’s the lineup:
Mystery / Suspense / Adventure:
- “A Bird In The Hand,” by M.A. Monnin [Michael Bracken Presents short story]
- “A Sweet Solution,” by Hal Charles [solve-it-yourself mystery]
- “The Fast And The Furriest,” by Pat H. Broeske [Barb Goffman Presents short story]
- Kill Joy, by Elisabeth Sanxay Holding [novel]
Science Fiction & Fantasy:
- “The Lazarus Chronicle,” by Amy Wolf [Cynthia Ware Presents short story]
- “A Code for Sam,” by Lester del Rey [short story]
- “Devil’s Powder,” by Malcolm Jameson [short story]
- “Werewolf of the Sahara,” by G. G. Pendarves [novella]
- “The Space-Eaters,” by Frank Belknap Long [novella]